We love to receive travelers in Avenida Hostel.
We like to hear their stories, to know where they come from, the lands they have seen, their next destination. Because receiving travelers is like traveling backwards, without leaving the same place.
At Avenida Hostel we believe that less is more. We took away all the superfluous layers from our rooms, creating a relaxing and serene atmosphere where you can have a restful sleep or daydream without distractions.
Being a Knight Templar City, Tomar is a very special place watched over by the Knights Templar Castle and its UNESCO World Heritage site Convento de Cristo (Convent of Christ). But there's a lot more to experience in Tomar. We will be delighted to give you all the assistance so that you can thoroughly enjoy the city.
Cook something. Do your laundry. Brew a coffee. Order breakfast. Upload your travel photos.
Or just ask for directions and get a feel for the city.
7 simple rules. Simplicity is a way of showing respect. Respect for nature. Respect for others.
1. Keep it simple in the kitchen. You don’t want to spend all of your travel time cooking or cleaning.
2. Water and time are precious and finite resources. Take short showers.
3. Turn it off when you don’t need it. Clean after use it.
4. Your clothes are awesome. Wear it in public areas.
5. The community basket is available so you can use what you need or leave what you don’t want to keep. Not in the community basket? It belongs to someone else.
6. Respect sleeping time. Don’t use the kitchen and minimise noise from 10:30 pm to 8:00 am.
7. Share your travel adventures, your thoughts, your smile and your suggestions.